Hi! I’m Mitra.
I’m based in Asheville, North Carolina and I’m an over 40 mom with a passion for fitness, movement, and enjoying great food while feeling strong and comfortable in my body. I’m a:
- Certified Functional Strength Coach (MBSC)
- NCI Level 1 Nutritional Coach
- NCI Level 1 Hormone Specialist
- Former AFAA Certified Personal Trainer (for 5 yrs)
- Completed the N1 Biomechanics & Execution Practical
Physical activity has always been an important part of my life, ranging from team sports, group classes, playing tennis, swimming, running, and more.
As I age, I realize physical activity and “good” nutrition alone won’t lead to the full life I envision for myself and others. It requires a holistic approach. The term “holistic” comes from the concept of holism, which emphasizes the interconnectedness of numerous aspects of a person’s life, including physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions.
I work with my clients to empower them to lead purposeful, balanced, and fulfilling lives. Together, we brainstorm on:
- Increasing quality sleep.
- Reducing and managing stress levels.
- How to prioritize specific goals & stay on track.
- Integrating fitness and movement into our weekly routines.
- Creating flexible and sustainable nutritional guidelines and understanding they will change from time to time.
I work with a wide range of clients which means you’ll receive an individualized approach to finding the right tools YOU need to achieve your goals.
I’ve worked with males & females who:
- Range in age from 25-75 yrs old.
- Are recovering from major surgeries (such as knee & shoulder surgeries) as little as 5 weeks post surgery.
- Are on diabetic weight loss medicines which requires a specific style of training & nutrition depending on how they react to the drug.
- Are complete beginners through advanced athletes.
- Have current injuries (we can train around nearly any injury).
- Find their chronic back, knee or shoulder pain decrease or are eliminated because of the tailored fitness plans.